Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Thursday, Oct 21, 2021
Mugglehead Magazine
Cannabis & psychedelics industry news based in Vancouver, B.C.
  • Loading stock data...

Business

High Tide launches into UK with £9M Blessed CBD deal

The Alberta firm will buy 80% of the CBD company with the option to buy the rest anytime

High Tide launches into UK with £9M Blessed CBD deal
Image via High Tide

High Tide Inc. (TSXV: HITI) (Nasdaq: HITI) (FSE: 2LYA) is makings its way into the United Kingdom through the purchase of a Scotland-based CBD brand.

On Thursday, the Calgary, Alberta-based firm explained the details of the purchase, which will see High Tide acquire 80 per cent of Enigmaa Ltd., operating as Blessed CBD, for £9.06 million. High Tide has the option to take on the remaining 20 per cent of Blessed at any time.

Read more: High Tide reports quarterly revenue up 18% to $48.1M

The arm’s length transaction is expected to close this month. It requires a receipt of TSX Venture Exchange approval and “other customary conditions of closing.”

A High Tide statement boasts Blessed’s financial profile, with 81-per-cent gross margins and 54-per-cent earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) margins in the 12 months ended August 2021, as well as revenue of £5.1 million and EBITDA of £2.8 million.

The Canadian firm adds that with nearly five million site visits in 2020, Blessed is one of the most popular direct-to-consumer CBD brands in the U.K. Blessed offers hemp-derived CBD products, including CBD oils, creams, gummies and capsules.

Blessed’s founder and CEO, Vithurs Thiru, will join High Tide as a senior manager of search (SEO) to help grow the CBD business globally.

Read more: High Tide partners with Heritage, Loosh for in-house cannabis brand

“We continue to increase our online prowess by adding asset-light businesses to our growing global e-commerce portfolio,” said Raj Grover, High Tide CEO.

“This acquisition marks our entry into the highly lucrative and rapidly-growing U.K. CBD space which we expect to serve as a launching pad for High Tide to further penetrate the E.U. market for hemp-derived CBD products, while also taking advantage of cross-selling opportunities related to our in-house product lines.”

High Tide’s stock went up five per cent to $7.42 on Thursday.

 

Follow Mugglehead on Twitter

Like Mugglehead on Facebook

Follow Kathryn Tindale on Twitter

kathryn@mugglehead.com

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Health and Safety

Science doesn't know yet, but one psychedelic researcher is chasing clues to see if it can

Canada

As more medium-to-small producers came into play this year, great weed started hitting legal shelves at fairer prices

Analysis

While legal weed businesses decry enforcement of their accounts, the platform says it's keeping its all-ages community safe

Culture

Punishments for possession include caning and the death penalty. Despite a global trend of reform, The Fine City remains staunch in its anti-drug stance